Coronavirus (COVID-19) Contingency Plans
As novel coronavirus (COVID-19) diagnoses continue to increase around the world, Kwalata Adventure Camp is committed to providing a safe environment for our employees and visiting schools, to the best of our abilities, in service to you, our customers and partners. With the rise in diagnoses, we are taking increased measures to maintain business continuity and protect the health of our employees & visitors.We are currently taking the following measures of precaution:
- Minimising contact & exposure to others
- Schools are accommodated in their own venue & facilities at Camp, thus no contact with children from other schools or areas.
- Welcoming and greetings are confined to a welcome “wave” and a loud Hello.
- Shaking of hands and hugs (by default) on departure is a ‘NO’.
- Hugging and close contact activities among learners are minimised and the inherent risks explained to every one involved.
- We have placed extra hand sanitising stations around high frequented work areas and increased the frequency of venue cleaning.
- Introduced alcohol based surface sprays, hand soaps and antibacterial soaps.
- We have briefed and sensitised all employees on the nature and risk of the virus.
- Training in the use of surface sprays, hand sanitisers and routine working methods have been trained and are monitored.
- We have shared best practice health tips with our team and continue to keep them updated on a daily basis.
- Programs & activities
- We have listed and removed activities with potential high transfer/in contact with others, from the program. They have been substituted with alternative activities, aimed to ensure the same outcomes, perhaps a bit longer to reach outcome, none the less still outcome based and still fun.
- While we continue our work as usual, presenting our programs bearing in mind contact points, transfer areas and minimising the risks of spreading the virus.
- We will continue to meticulously monitor news from the World Health Organization, along with Dept of Health’s guidelines, and are committed to reassessing the situation and adjust our plans accordingly.
Kwalata Adventure Camp